Star-Fall is a science fiction roleplaying game that began as an experimental game using the GURPS system. (Now uses a heavily modified version of OpenD6 system) The orginal game takes place aboard a spaceship traveling between Earth and Mars as the players investigate a mysterious wormhole. The party is accompanied by robots and AI, which are on the verge of going insane due to issues with their original code. Throughout the game, players encounter aliens, engage in interstellar battles, and ultimately save the universe. However, the game’s outcome left the creator’s mind processing potential future scenarios, such as what would happen if all the AI went insane simultaneously or if a new empire was formed that relied on robots.
Star-Fall RPG Podcast
Twenty years later, the creator is still running Star-Fall in new gaming groups, with player characters often becoming NPCs or mentioned in the game’s lore for subsequent groups. The creator later became interested in podcasting and created the Star-Fall podcast. The podcast follows the adventures of “The Fifth Crew” (Seasons 1-3), and the creator had a great time recording until COVID-19 hit. The pandemic, coupled with players moving out of state and the creator’s ADHD, made it challenging to continue the podcast.
The creator’s ADHD makes it difficult to keep track of six or more players online, making in-person recordings preferable. Despite the obstacles, the creator is starting again with a new business, MacMason, as a sponsor for the show. Star-Fall II, or season four, will feature a new cast of players due to distance but will continue the story parallel to the previous seasons.
Star-Fall RPG Podcast is a Jackmonkey games production
- In the distant cosmos of storytelling, where the boundaries of reality are pushed to the brink, lies the immersive realm of the “Star-Fall Science fiction RPG podcast.” Within this auditory universe, science fiction takes its […]
- Title: Exciting Changes Coming to the Star-Fall Actual Play Podcast! Dear Dedicated Fans of the Star-Fall Actual Play Podcast, We’re thrilled to announce some major changes that are about to take place in the Star-Fall […]
- If you like the comic you will love the podcast! I always wanted to create comics. However, life always seemed to have other plans. COVID had me home a lot and I figured this would […]
- We are going to be holding auditions for the Star-Fall II voice cast. Please Register. Can’t Make it? That is ok! We will have more! Our goal is to have one more audition day. You […]
- The other day one of the folks who auditioned for voice acting mentioned they were not very tech savvy and had some problems submitting the audio file online. So we have decided to make things […]